Health is a vital component of a thriving community. NCBW is concerned about the well-being of the whole community and the whole person: physically, emotionally and spiritually. Our primary focuses will be advocacy in the areas of Family & Childhood Obesity, Cancer/Health Disparities, and Metabolic Disease.
NCBW delivers support services that help youth achieve their educational goals. By supporting positive experiences, fostering a positive self-perception and self-respect, encouraging excellence in education and promoting the pursuit of positive lifelong goals, NCBW is creating future leaders.
NCBW’s economic programs focus on financial literacy, family wealth building, and entrepreneurship. NCBW’s empowerment programs include comprehensive workshops and seminars that promote economic self-sufficiency. Sister-Nomic$ is the new NCBW philosophical mindset our path to economic empowerment.
- Faith-based International
CIVIC ENGAGEMENT LEGISLATION
- Supporting Advocacy Agendas
- Voter Education, Registration, & Rights
- Increase Women Candidates Running for Political Office
- Issue Timely Policy Alerts
- Issue Position Papers on PP Platform Issues
- Childhood and Family Obesity Initiative
- NCBW Cancer Health Disparities Program
- NCBW Metabolic Syndrome Initiative
- Prevention/Decrease Mortality
- Improve Health Outcomes
- Access to Affordable Healthcare
- Culturally Competent Research
- Quality of Life – Public Safety and Crime
- Eliminate Disparities
- Improved Outcomes and Graduation Rates
- Vocational/College Preparation
- S.T.E.M. Education
- HCBU Supports
- Access Affordability
- Our Path to Economic Empowerment.
- A philosophical mindset to consider ourselves FIRST in all economic decisions
- Pay Equity
- African American Woman-Owned Business Growth
- Livable Wage Employment Opportunities